About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, February 25, 2013

Travel To Las Vegas

Sunday was travel day to Las Vegas.  Very windy driving today.  Looks like the Joshua trees are ready to bloom with some warmer weather -- the buds are very noticeable.  Too windy to do a lot of stopping along the way.

Got a few shots of Nothing, AZ, looks like its ready to get torn down -- I kept driving past it on previous trips it but figured I better get some pics before its gone.

Then a stop at the Wikieup Trading Post--a favorite stopping place.  A little too windy to do any picture posing at the local jail.

Continued driving and just before Hoover Dam, came across an interesting, colorful stop called the Last Stop.  Fascinated by the Uranus Gas and artsy walls.  Will have to go inside and do some shopping around next time.





Too windy to do any sightseeing around Hoover Dam, so just continued on to Vegas.  Had lunch/dinner at Chipotle -- always some good comfort food on a trip.  Checked in at the Luxor and just did some inside walking over to Mandalay Bay.  Did a bit of gambling at the slots and came out even.  Tomorrow looks like a good day to do some extensive walking around the Strip.


No comments: