About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Friday, May 22, 2015

Leaving Connecticut

Thursday was the drive back from the Groton CT area to Long Beach NY. The Memorial Day traffic was already beginning, luckily most of it was in the opposite direction; until we got to the NYC area where we got in the middle of both holiday and commuter traffic. Such is life in the big city. 

We made a couple of nice stops along the way. We did a short walk through Yale U in New Haven. It was impressive looking at all the old buildings on campus. Then using the Trip Advisor app on the iPhone I found a nice picturesque area in Stratford called Boothe Park. This was an old private estate turned over to the city and had many interesting buildings and park area where I took a number of photos and had a nice walk. While there I had a chance to meet a new buddy--a 200 lb Newfoundland dog. 
Yale University campus. 



Boothe Park in Stratford CT





My new buddy--a 200 lb Newfie. 

No comments: