About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ready to Head "Down Under"

I'm all packed and ready to travel.  My flight from Phoenix to San Francisco leaves at 4:52pm on Wednesday, April 1.  Then its on to Auckland, NZ arriving there after a 13 hour flight at 6:15am April 3 (10:15am April 2 to you people in Phoenix).  I will pick up a rental car at the airport and then drive about 161km (sorry, 100 miles) on the wrong side of a winding road to Coromandel Town to spend 2 nites at the Lion's Den hostel   http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/34349-Lion%27s-Den  . More later.

No comments: