About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hot Rod Night

Wednesday is Hot Rod Night at Westgate, in the Glendale Sports Complex (home of Arizona Cardinals and Coyotes).  The weather was terrific this week and it was a great night to be out there.  The temperature was 80 degrees and the moon came up later and added some extra class to the event.  There must have been over 100 cars on display and many of them were very customized and great to view.  The fountain display was on and there was musical entertainment.  Everyone was very friendly and all seemed to have a great time.  We even found our favorite restaurant, Chipotle, as we were walking around and decided to eat there.  Plenty of other restaurants are also around.

Hot Rod Night will continue every Wednesday through April.  On Thursday is Motorcycle Nite.  This is adjacent to the outlet mall so a little shopping can also be done.  It's a great place to spend an evening and we'll have to do it again soon while the weather is so good.

Of course I had my camera along.  I've included a few of the photos here.














No comments: