About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Wickenburg Gold Rush Days

Friday, February 14, was the kickoff day for Gold Rush Days in Wickenburg, AZ, about 30 miles from home.  The event runs through Sunday with a parade, rodeo, amusements, and entertainment.  Friday's events started off with a car show and entertainment at the old railroad station.  The car show was held in the blocked off street in front of the station.  I wandered around the cars for a while and had a great hamburg at the VFW.  Then I strolled through the town over to the art show and amusement area.  The town has interesting, old buildings along with some unique statues and displays.







While in town, I had to stop and see some of my old buddies.











On the way back home, I stopped off at the Western Trails Ranch in Morristown.  We had eaten there at night several months ago and were impressed with the food and buildings.  Since it was daytime now, I thought I'd take a few pictures of the place to have in my album.




No comments: