About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, May 5, 2014

Dillon's/Wildlife Car Show for VietNam Veterans

Saturday, May 3, was a big car show at Dillon's Restaurant at the Wildlife Zoo in Litchfield Park, AZ.  I got there early, since it was going to be about 100 degrees later in the day.  This was a benefit for the Vietnam Veterans of America.  There were a number of military vehicle and servicemen there.  There were also hundreds of cars spread across the parking lot and the adjacent grassy area.  It was a great day to wander around and see the beautiful and colorful cars brought in for the show.  Dillon's famous pulled pork sandwiches were being sold from a tent in the lot -- I can attest that it was delicious.

Following are some select photos from the show.  I have more of them on the new website I'm putting together.  You can see them at this link: http://azbigbill.weebly.com/car-shows.html.  I am also including photos on that site from other car shows that I've attended.















No comments: