About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Motorcycle Event

Saturday was the day for the Sanderson Ford Memorial Day Motorcycle Ride.  There were several hundred cycles that started off at the Ford dealership, went through the National Veterans Cemetery, and then ended up at the Westgate Center near the Cardinals football stadium.  I don't ride my cycle anymore, but I enjoy looking and listening to the big cycles coming by.  The cyclists end up having lunch and entertainment at Westgate, so it's a great place to hang around when they arrive.

We had lunch before the cycles came and then watched them drive in and park all along the fountain area.  There are great viewing areas around, and plenty of room to walk around and admire the cycles up close.  I took a lot of photos and also some video which I put together as a YouTube.  I've included a few of the photos here, but posted quite a few more in my web page:  Cycle Photos.  The YouTube video is less than 3 minutes and can be played at this link:  Cycle Video.  After leaving the event, we went to the adjacent Outlet Mall for a little shopping.








No comments: