About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, July 3, 2017

AZ Capitol Building and Phoenix City Hall

Although the temperature got to 110 degrees today, it was nice enough to see a few sights in the downtown Phoenix area.  The mall to the east of the capitol has some interesting monuments.  There is a museum in the old capitol building but it is pretty limited in features--mostly just signs about AZ history plus some artifacts from the USS Arizona. There was free parking in the area and not much activity due to the upcoming holiday weekend

I then found some street parking near the Phoenix city hall.  There is a police museum in the old city hall.  The Wells Fargo museum and the Orpheum theater are nearby.  The new city hall also has some interesting exterior features plus a water fountain next to it.
































 Tribute to fallen officers.

 Phoenix was the location of the original Miranda Case decision














No comments: