About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Martin Auto Museum Tour

On Thursday, April 10, 17 members of the Grand Photos Camera Club participated in a Photo-Shoot at the Martin Auto Museum on I-17 on the North side of Phoenix.  The group had made a reservation for 10 am, before the museum opened to the public at noon.  The 17 of us had access to the complete museum, so there were a lot of photos taken without having to work around other visitors.

The museum had about 60 vehicles on display along with other automotive paraphernalia.  The lighting was good and there was plenty of room to move around to get good photos.  Rick was our museum guide for this period and he was very helpful in providing information and making the vehicle available for us to inspect.  There is also a working carousel on display.  Rick turned it on and several members went for a ride.

The museum is a non-profit organization founded by local resident Mel Martin.  He loves classic automobiles and enjoys sharing them with others. Here is a link to their website:  Martin Museum .  A $5 donation is requested.  This is one of the best bargains in town.















No comments: