About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, April 6, 2014

SCW Auto Show

Early Saturday morning, there was a car show in Sun City West with the theme "Christmas in April".  There were several great looking cars there--with Santa Claus walking around the lot.  There were unique stories on several of the vehicles:

  1. There was a 1926 Ford.  The current owner was several months old when his grandfather bought the car.  It's been in the family ever since.  Both the car and the owner are in great shape.
  2. A 1938 Buick convertible in gorgeous condition.  The owner, Gordy, was nattily dressed and proudly standing by.
  3. A pink Studebaker with a matching pink golf cart.  The owner golfs at our local course and I've often seen the car in the parking lot with a cart trailer attached.




Gordy and his baby.

Ford and owner both born in 1926 and grew up together.

Pretty in Pink

Great line-up.

No comments: