About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Westgate Bike Night

Thursday night in the Spring is Bike Night at the Westgate Center (near the Cardinals Football Stadium).  The weather this week was great, so we decided to go and see what was happening.  The motorcycles start rolling in around 5pm and they just kept coming.  At about 7:30 there were over a thousand cycles there.  Most of them were the real fancy, chromed-up models--all shiny and sparkly.  It was great just walking around the bikes and admiring them.  The crowd was well behaved and just seemed to enjoy looking at the other cycles and having others admire theirs.  The center was all lit up and the fountains were putting on a show.  There was also live music.  There were many restaurants open to enjoy a meal while taking in all the chrome and fancy paint jobs.  I'd consider making another trip there.















No comments: