About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 6, May 18

DAY 6, MAY 18

1. At 8:30am, drove over to Arches National Park. Weather was clear and comfortable. There was a Corvette club driving thru the park. Wildflowers were in bloom and looked nice with the arches in the background--some of them were very aromatic. I thought I'd sign up for a guided hike thru the "Fiery Furnace", but they were filled up for the next 3 days. Quite a few people in the park. All the parking spaces around the features were filled up with people waiting for a spot. I like the more secluded areas better anyway. Thunderclouds started to form and there was a bit of rain for awhile, so I left the park about 1pm.

2. Took a shower in the RV park's nice warm showers. Hardly anyone in the bath facility, guess they do their thing in their RV. Place is so nice I signed up for a total of 4 days here.

3. Late afternoon took a drive along the river and over to Castle Valley. Beautiful views along the way. The evening sun was shining on the red cliffs. Just before sunset, the clouds formed and took away some of the red glow.

No comments: