About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A New Adventure

After an hiatus of a year, the Tallphotographer decided it was time to get the blog going again.  The occasion this time is a road trip in Big Red (my Ford Windstar minivan) through the Grand Canyon up to Moab, Utah -- with a number of stops in between.  I have my tent along but plan doing most of my overnights in the back end of Big Red -- see photos.  If the weather gets bad or the bones start to ache, I may even relent to trying a motel.  The exact time and itinerary are up in the air but I should be back home within 2 weeks.  I leave the morning of Thursday, May 12 with some sightseeing in Sedona.
 
I have my computer with me and plan on updating my log with notes and photos of the trip.  The frequency depends on the availability of wifi spots along the way -- planning to do a lot of stops at McDonalds and taking advantage of their wifi.

No comments: