About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Around Port Douglas

I did my sightseeing around the Port Douglas area today.  I drove up to Daintree where they have a number of river cruises around the crocodile areas.  After looking around, I decided that I really had my fill of crocs yesterday and so I passed on doing a river cruise.  The Daintree River is the border of civilation.  There are more touristy areas north of it, but in order to continue you must take a ferry across the river.

I went to Mossman Gorge Natl. Park.  There was a scenic boulder laden stream going through so I spent some time admiring and photographing the area.

I got back to Port Douglas fairly early so I walked to 4 Mile Beach from the hostel.  This is on the Coral Sea and it was extremely windy again today.  I did walk out into the water and let the waves break over me so I felt like an Old Salt.  Later on I drove into town where there is an overlook of the beach.  Its very scenic and used as a backdrop for weddings – hard to photograph that with such a bright background.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

WeddingEye.com.au are engaged in offering excellent service to our valued customers quality modeling Townsville Photographer . These services are widely acclaimed for various parties, weddings, festivals and functions or modeling portfolio modeling and the design of safe and memorable moments to catalog photos.