About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On To Adelaide–Sept. 21

Up at 5 am and on the way to Cairns airport to catch flight to Adelaide.  Returned Hertz rental car.

Arrived in Adelaide around 9:30 am.  Went to Backpacker Oz hostel and checked in.  Got in 4 bed dorm and got an upper bunk.  Place is nice and clean.

Walked a bit around the town, just in a local area and took some pics.  Took a tram to the beach community of Glenelg.  Took a tour of a local museum to get a taste of the history here.  Then took tram back to hostel.

Hostel had a free BBQ – chicken, sausage, potatoes, and salad.  Pretty good and the price was right.  Another bonus is that this hostel has free wifi.  Terrific.  Will spend more time tomorrow exploring the town.













No comments: