About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Portland to Port Campbell–Sept. 27

Didn’t get a good nites sleep in the trailer – bed not real comfortable.  So got up early and went back to the nearby lighthouse and walked around.  Then went back into town and took a few pics around the waterfront – had breakfast and a wifi break at McDonalds.

Drove to the small fishing village of Port Fairy and walked around the wharf.  Then to the bigger town of Warrnambool where they had a heritage center of historic buildings and other waterfront views.

Finally got to the Great Ocean Road, where there are many seascapes sculptured by the ocean waves.  Some of the landmarks are called Bay of Islands, Martyrs Bay, Loch Ard Gorge, and the Twelve Apostles.  Stopped at all of these and got some great late afternoon photos  At the Twelve Apostles there were several people having formal photographs taken ( I snuck in a few candids ).

Got my accomodations set at Ocean House Backpackers.  This was a pleasant surprise.  It was right across the street from the beach with a view of the beach out my room’s window.  Again there was hardly anyone there so a had the whole room to myself.  I bought a bottle of Australian merlot and mellowed out for the evening.





















No comments: