About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Friday, September 16, 2011

Travelling to Port Douglas

Picked up my rental car – cute little blue Toyota Yaris.  Just the right size for me and my gear.  Got familiar with driving on the left – just concentrate on being in the right lane.  The only problem is I still activate the wipers whenever I signal for a turn.

Drove up to Hartley’s Crocodile Adventure and spent some time there watching the crocs and koalas.

Nice drive along the coast watching hang gliders and parasail skiers.

Checked into Dougies hostel in Port Arthur.  Much bigger than the last one and more of a beach bum crowd.  Room and facilities are nice, though.  The town of Port Douglas is a bit upscale resort town.  Not a real picturesque place, but quaint.  Seems to be quite a few people around but they are all just walking around and shopping.  Nice beaches and port facility and I guess that’s enough but don’t think I’d like to spend much time here.












No comments: