About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thursday, Sept.15

It’s Thursday morning here in Cairns.  Off today to take a boat to the Great Barrier Reef.  Looks like it will be a bit choppy, windy today.  The boat goes to Green Island where there is a beach, some trails, and other activities.  May also be a bit cool.

Yesterday, went to the small mountain village of Kuranda.  Took a long aerial tram called Skyrail there – goes over the rainforest treetops.  The trip is a long one so there are actually 2 switch points along the way where you can look around and then hop on the next gondola.  Kuranda was a small tourist village.  Just walked around a bit and had lunch and took a few pics.  Took the train ride back to Cairns.  Very interesting and scenic tour winding down the mountain back to Cairns.

Evening meal at the Green Ant restraurant bar nearby.  Had a kangaroo burger – delicious.

Well, off to the Reef now.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Seriously? A kangaroo burger - hope that's your last one! They're too cute ...

Tall Photographer said...

I'll have to switch to koala burgers.

Ellen said...

No - they're even cuter! How about veggies?