About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, September 25, 2011

On to Melbourne–Sept. 25

Checked out of Backpacker Oz.  First stop was a drive up to Mt. Lofty where you can get a good view of Adelaide and surroundings from the top.

Then drove to the town of Hansdorf, a little German town that had a lot of shops and tourists.  Had a baked potato with ham, cheese, pineapple, and beets – very delicious.  Then finished that off later with a slice of fudge – just like Mackinac Island.  Also drove thru the town of Strathalbyn, a Scottish settlement.

Went thru more wine country, then had to cross the Murray River on a free ferry.  After that it was miles and miles of nothing (more properly: kilometers and kilometers).  Arrived in Kingston –supposedly a lobster town – just as my gas gauge was starting to blink.  Then on to the small town of Robe where I arrived just  before dark.  Checked into a YHA hostel there.  It was an old mansion on a lake converted into a hostel.  I was about the only one there and got a room with 12 beds in it and was the only one in the room.  Will post photos tomorrow.









1 comment:

Ellen said...

Is that your white car? How big is the gas tank?