About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Churches, Cars, & Culture in Melbourne–Oct. 4

Churches:  Visited St. Patricks Cathedral (Catholic) and St. Pauls Cathedral (Anglican).  Both were very large and impressive churches, both exterior and interior.  St. Patricks was near the Parliament Building on the outskirts and St. Pauls was right in the busiest intersection of town – right with the entertainers and horse carriages.

Cars: Went to the Fox Classic Car Collection.  This is situated in an old historic building and is only open a half-day each week.  They had a fine collection of Jaguar, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls, Mercedes, and Porsche autos.

Culture:  Visited the Art Center (NGV) where they had miscellaneous collections including aboriginal art.  Right across the street from there was another area I guess you could call culture – a long alley where they had various artistic graffiti.  This attracted a lot of people with cameras (including me).  Also re-visited some of the interesting arcade centers on the way back to the hotel.

























No comments: