About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Goodbye Hobart–Hello Sydney–Oct. 15

I left Hobart in the morning in the mist.  I went to a viewpoint overlooking the city and took my last shots.

Then on to Sydney.  The plane was delayed about an hour.  And the shuttle ride into the city was a long one.  I arrived at the Sydney Harbour YHA  shortly after 2 pm.  The hostel is first class and is just a short walk from the Circular Quay, which is in the center of all the action.  I am in a 4 person room with a private bath in it,  only problem is I got top bunk.  The hostel has a deck which overlooks the harbour as you can see from the pics.

There was a huge cruise ship parked in the harbour and the market was open for the weekend right below the hostel.  So there was a lot of activity going on.  As usual, there were scores of wedding pictures being taken around the scenic areas.  The cruise ship left port at dusk and I was there to get a few good shots of the harbour using my tripod.