About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Friday, October 7, 2011

Drive To Port Arthur–Oct. 7

Port Arthur is an historic site of an old, large convict colony about 1 1/2 hours from Hobart.  This was a fascinating place where England sent prisoners in the early to mid 1800’s.  The history was interesting as was the old structures still standing.  I spent a lot of time walking, looking around, and taking pics.  There were periods of drizzle and then clearing on and off all day.  The trip also included a boat tour around the harbor.

Also in the area were sea caves, blowholes, sea gorges, arches and nice view of the coast line.  Too bad it was a cloudy day, the colors of the rocks would have been very pretty.























No comments: