About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, October 17, 2011

Sydney Farewell–Busses and Boats–Oct. 17

Since this was my last day in Sydney and Australia, I decided to see as much as possible.  So I bought a day transportation pass, which allowed me to travel as much as I wanted on the city’s busses, ferries, and trains.  I first took a ferry boat to Manly, which is an upscale beach community.  It was a pretty town with a central pedestrian area.  The water was cold so there were not any bathers, just a few surfers in their wet suits.  The ride did give a good view of the harbour area.

Then I took a bus to Bondi Beach.  This is probably the most famous beach in Australia.  It was a large sandy beach with large waves, but again a bit too cold for the bathers.  Just a few more surfers, and a motorcycle group touring the area.  I got off the bus in a few places on the way back just to see some of the local sights.

As a finish to my touring, I took another ferry boat to Darlington Harbour.  This is a large tourist area with a lot of restaurants and other attractions.  It also allowed for a good view of another section of the city’s skyline.  It also provided another viewpoint for the bridge in the late sun and at nite.

Well, that ended my 5 week tour of Australia.  I saw a lot and did a lot.  It was a great time but it will be good to get back home.  Now comes the fun in going through over 5000 photos I’ve taken to get rid of the duds and organize and edit the remainder.














No comments: