About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kicking Around Kilda–Oct. 2

Weather today was cooler but clear.  Took a trolley to the beachfront resort town of St. Kilda.  There was an amusement park (Luna Park) there – reminded me of the old amusement parks I went to when I was a kid – they even had fun mirrors and bumper car rides.

After walking around the amusement park, I walked to a large pier.  Along the way they had craft vendors selling their wares, but with my flying weight limit I didn’t buy anything.  Along the pier there were interesting sights of docked sailboats with Melbourne in the background.  Going out further into a rocky area there were little penguins nested deep in the rocks, occasionally poking there heads out for a view.

Had lunch at a Japanese restaurant along the sidewalk in St. Kilda.  Then caught a trolley back into Melbourne.  Got off near the tourist center and caught a few more photos of the town.  Again saw several wedding parties walking around town.  Must be something new – getting a photo album made of your wedding day at various scenic points around the city.



















No comments: