About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Glendale Auto Show -- Oct. 22

There was a car show in Glendale Town Center today.  The weather was sunny with a high in the mid-90s.  Car shows are always great to photograph with all the colors and customizing that are present.  I favor photographing the under-hood areas because of the amount of detail there.  It does present a challenge though, since there is such a range of dark and bright there -- especially in the bright sun with the shadows and glare.  That's why HDR photography is great in this case.  I take a series of 3 shots -- normal, underexposed, and overexposed and then combine them in a software program called Photomatix.  This usually gives a good tone balance to the final image.  I hand hold the camera and fire off 3 fast shots and the program combines them.  The only thing to worry about are the reflections in the bright chrome and the effect if someone in the picture is moving.

Here are some of my favorite photos taken today.











No comments: