About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Launceston To Bay Of Fires–Oct. 11

I left Launceston under sunny skies.  Travelled east on the Tasman Highway through the hills and forests with narrow winding roads.  There were a few scenic farms along the way.  Stopped in the town of Legewood where they had about 10 large trees that had been carved into figures honoring local heroes from WWI.  There were a few other towns with interesting buildings.

Got into the town of St. Helens and then to the Bay of Fires.  These were beautifully colored rocks on the shore of crystal clear water.  The rocks were bright orange color from lichen and looked like the color of fire when the sun was striking them just right.  I spent a long time walking around the beach and the rocks admiring the view.

Went back to St. Helens before dusk.  I had fish and chips on a docked boat at the harbor.  Then to the St. Helens Backpackers for the night.















No comments: