About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, October 3, 2011

Touring Melbourne–Oct. 3

A beautiful day in Melbourne today.  Took a short walk over to the royal Exhibition Building and the Melbourne Museum and admired the gardens and view.  Then hopped on a free Melbourne Tourist Shuttle which is a 1 1/2 hour bus ride around the city looking at the major attractions.  I got off at the Shrine of
Remembrance, which is a huge building dedicated to the soldiers of WWI, and toured the inside and took in the view from the top.  The Royal Botanic Gardens was next to that.  I grabbed a lunch there and toured the gardens; a number of spring flowers were in full bloom.

Walking back towards town, there was a large monument to Queen Victoria who became queen at 18 and ruled for 64 years until 1901.  There were also a number of other sculptures in the area.  Crossing back over the river to Federation Square, there was an entertainer performing for a large crowd.  I hopped on the free City Circle Tram and took it to the Docklands, which are being developed into a large shopping/condo/entertainment center overlooking a harbor.  After that, I got back on the tram and took it to near the Space Hotel, where I had 2 large slices of pizza at the mall.  Getting close to 6 pm so I called it a day.














No comments: