About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Zealand Day 2 (April 4)

Notes from Day 2 in the Coromandel Area:
 
1. Rode on the Driving Creek Railway -- a small train climbing 1 1/2 miles thru forest to hilltop.
 
2. Stumbled upon an overlook off the road with 2 native gravestones under a huge tree.
 
3. Drove to the end of the paved road at the top of the peninsula--more winding road and lots of coastal scenery.
 
4. Near the end of the road, I found a Buddhist retreat with some interesting statues.
 
5. Went to the Coromandel Wharf at sunset.
 
6. New room-mates at the Lion's Den.  Fellows from France, Canada, and Switzerland.

No comments: