About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Notes: Australia Trip Day 2 -- April 17


1. Stayed off the bus today and walked to Darling Harbour area.  Starbucks
was there so I had a mocha frappuccino.

2. Went to the Chinese Gardens.  It was my lucky day since they were having
their Cultural Day today and they had a lot of people in costumes and other
entertainment.  I got a pot of jasmine tea and sat in a covered patio and watched and listened (and took photos of course).
 
3. Went to Paddys Market, a large indoor flea market with about 500 vendors selling clothes, electronics, bags, etc.  Prices were very low so I picked up a couple of Australia shirts.
 
4. Darling Harbour is very scenic at nite with all the city lights aglow.
 
5. YHA had a special at nite with seafood kabobs, salad, and beer for about $4.50 US.  So that was my dinner.
 
6. Laundry nite again.

No comments: