About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Notes: Australia Day 4 -- April 19

1. Rained most of the day.  Very windy also. Got soaked during a surprise downpour so I checked in early in hostel in Kiama and got some dry clothes on.
 
2. Took a drive through some hilly rainforests and through Kangaroo Valley (didn't see any of the critters).  Didn't get much chance to get out and walk around because of the rain.
 
3. The high winds were kicking up the waves around Kiama.  One of the attractions here is a large blowhole, so that raised up a lot of spray.
 
4. The rain should stop by tomorrow and should just be cloudy.  Heading over to Batemans Bay for another seacoast travel day.

1 comment:

Phil said...

That bridge looks interesting! Anything like London Bridge in Arizona?