About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Notes: Australia Day 3 -- April 18

1. Hectic morning.  Pack and check out of YHA, catch cab to go to rental car location, get rental car, took wrong turn and had to go back to start.  Crazy traffic around Sydney.  Finally got out of town and traffic settled down.
 
2. Turned off the main highway and went through Royal National Park.  The areas around the coast were very scenic.  Winds picked up and surf got higher.  Watched surfers do their thing.
 
3. Further down the coast, got to top of cliff where they were doing hang-gliding.  Several of them were just hovering and circling.  Watched several of them take off.
 
4. Took a side trip to a high mountain overlook.  Could see for a long distance but it was hazy so was not very photographic.
 
5. Got to Wollongong and checked into YHA there.  Went down to the harbour at sunset.  Very picturesque.  Several wedding parties were there getting their wedding photos around the harbour and lighthouse.

No comments: