About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Notes: Australia Day 6 -- April 21

1. Rain finally ended early this morning.  More twisting, turning roads through the mountains and around the coast. Would hate to drive these roads much at nite. Travelled from Batemans Bay down to Merimbula.
 
2. Walked out to the end of Bingie Bingie Point.  Wreck of an old steamship that ran aground in a storm in 1879.  Just some rusted iron tanks left from it.
 
3. Saw my first kangaroos.  They come out in groups at dusk and feed around the parks and golf courses--reminded me of all the deer in Michigan.
 
4. Nice YHA in Merimbula.  Very quiet--got a 4 bed room all to myself.

No comments: