About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, April 27, 2009

Notes: Australia Day 12 -- April 27

1. Winds subsided a bit this morning, but still quite breezy.  Cold front moved in, high in the mid 40's today.
 
2. Stopped at a few more overlooks on the way to the end of the Blue Mountains around Mount Victoria.  Descended into the valley below into the town of Lithgow.
 
3. Rode the Zig Zag Railway.  About a 2 hour ride on a vintage train down a historic rail line built in 1869 and used until 1910.  It got the name because it descended halfway down the hill to a switching station where the train was switched to the track going the opposite direction down the rest of the hill.  The train then went in reverse down this section to the bottom.  After we reached the bottom we toured a facility where they were refurbishing other antique engines then retraced the route back to the top.
 
4. I returned back to Katoomba on the road that circled back into the mountains.

No comments: