About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, April 13, 2009

Notes: New Zealand Trip Day 10 -- April 12

1.  Took photos of some Maori totems near town.
 
2. Drove to Kerikeri, very nice town just north of Paihia.  Breakfast at McDonalds.  Arrived at St. Pauls Church just as they were preparing for Easter services.  Very charming church setting.
 
3. Historical "Stone Store" nearby.  Also, a short walk to a famous "pa".  Nice view of the harbor from there.
 
4. Rainbow Falls was nearby.  There was a walkway along the top and the bottom of the falls.  Falls was fairly wide and high.
 
5. Drove out on a road that went to Opito Point.  It was low tide so I was able to walk out to a large rock formation surrounded by shell covered rocks.  Saw 2 kayakers going along with several dolphins.
 
6.  Stopped along the main highway where they had a girl's equine event and watched for awhile.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: