About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, April 13, 2009

Notes: New Zealand Trip Day 12 -- April 14

1. Stopped at Kawakawa, home of the famous toilets -- very colorful.
 
2. Accident on highway near Wellsford caused delay -- had to reroute around it.  This vasn't too far from an accident on way up that caused about 1/2 hour delay.  These NZ 2 lane narrow roads, with many single lane bridges can be dangerous.
 
3. At Wankworth, stopped for some fish and chips for lunch.  Took them down to the park by the river to eat.  I was attacked by very hungry seagulls who wanted my lunch.  We made a bargain, I gave them some of my chips and they let me escape with my fish and my life.
 
4. In Auckland, I stopped at One Tree Hill (an old volcano) before checking into the Bamber House hostel -- roomy 6 bed dorm room with nice lounge and kitchen.
 
5. Tomorrow, off to Australia.

No comments: