About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Monday, April 6, 2009

New Zealand Day 4 -- April 6

Notes from Day 4:
 
1. Woke up at 5am.  Drove to Cathedral Cove with Karsten, a fellow from Denmark.  45 minute walk to the beach -- got there just before dawn.  Beautiful sea cave and rock formations.  We were the only 2 there at that time--very crowded later in the day.
 
2. Went to Hot Water Beach at low tide--about 10am.  There are hot underground springs there.  The object is to dig out a shallow pool which then fills with hot water and you "soak your bum".  There were about 60 people doing this.  All had a great time until the tide came back up and filled all the pools with cold water.

No comments: