About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Notes: Australia Days 10 and 11 -- April 25 and 26

1. Raining in Canberra in AM when I left.  Wet ANZAC ceremony.  Long drive to Katoomba.  Weather cleared along the way.
 
2. Checked into the Katoomba YHA.  Very large and well organized.
 
3. Blue Mountains have very sharp cliffs all around.  Lots of waterfalls drop straight down from the cliffs into the valley below.  A lot of overlooks along the cliffs give a great view.  There are many walking paths around varying from 15 minutes to several days in length.  Quaint small towns in the area.
 
4. Winds increased in intensity during the night and all day long.  I'd estimate 70mph wind gusts.  I had to be careful walking along the trails that were close to the cliffs.  Came back to the YHA about 1pm and decided the weather was too lousy to do any more sightseeing.  Hopefully better in the morning.

No comments: