About Me

My photo
I retired from the Auto Industry in the Detroit area and now make my home in sunny Arizona. I enjoy travel and photography. Although I often think of my photography as serendipitous; I really direct myself to places where those pleasant surprises are likely to occur. When I travel I call myself the "Happy Wanderer".

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Notes on First Day of Travel (April 3 in NZ)

 
1. 13 hours is a long time to spend in an airplane seat -- nice to have an empty middle seat.  NZ Air served 2 good meals-- even wine.
 
2. Luggage did nto arrive on carousel.  They found it in the wrong bin..Whew!!
 
3. Nice scenic winding trip in Toyota rental car up the Coromandel peninsula--watch out for 1 lane bridges and narrow hairpin curves.
 
4. Keep repeating mantra "Keep on left, look to right".  But I still signal for turns using the windshield wipers.
 
5. Visit to Thames Butterfly Garden -- hot and humid inside-- camera fogs up.
 
6. Rapaura Water Gardens -- very pretty.
 
7. Lion's Den Hostel -- clean and cozy.  Friendly hosts.  In 5 bed dorm -- got a double lower with lots of room..Czech couple, Japanese gal, and Irish gal in other beds.

No comments: